Buying a flat in Chennai can be a very long task.
Points to be considered before buying a flat in Chennai
- Check whether the details of approved plan has been displayed at the site.
- Check whether the flat has been constructed as per the approved plan.
- Check whether the promoter/power of attorney has a right to transfer the undivided shares of land.
- Verify whether entire undivided shares of land has been transferred by the land owner/promoter/power of attorney to you.
- Land owner/promoter/power of attorney has no right over the open spaces and in the terrace after entire undivided shares of land has been transferred.
- Check whether the completion certificate issued by the CMDA (stands for Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority) has been obtained after the completion of the building.
- If you have any further clarifications regarding purchase of plot/flat, kindly contact the counselling counter at CMDA.
Enjoy your property in peace.
Points to be considered before buying of individual plot and construction of a residential building in Chennai
- Check whether the seller has a right over the property.
- Check whether the layout has been approved by the CMDA and local body.
(copy of approved layout can be obtained from CMDA for nominal fee)
- Check whether the roads and park area has been handed over to the local body through a gift deed
- Check whether the abutting road of the plot has been maintained by the local body or has been handed over to the local body.
- Verify whether the plan has been prepared according to the development control rules.
- To check whether all the documents/certificates has been enclosed before submitting the plan for approval to CMDA/Corporation of Greater Chennai.
- To obtain planning permission from CMDA and building approval from the concerned local body. If not action will be taken against the unauthorised and deviated constructions.
- Kindly avoid unauthorised/deviated construction and stay free from the enforcement action of CMDA.