Choosing the best Gynaecologist in Chennai is like searching for a needle in a sea of haystack! Chennai is home to many doctors of varied expertise. To find the best doctor requires a multi-criteria shortlist.
Expectation from a Good Gynecologist & Obstetrician in Chennai
To start with we asked Chennai Women about the qualities they expect in a Good Gynecologist and Obstetrician in Chennai. Some of the traits expected are:
- Good Track record with Delivery.
- Intention and Track record of providing normal delivery
- Patience (as during normal delivery the interest and commitment to wait is paramount)
- Fair Consultancy Charges
- Ability to explain in simple terms even complicated process
- Equal approach irrespective of economic background of the pregnant mother
- Good Peer recommendations
- Highly recommended by a good Pharmacies
- Advising more natural foods than synthetic foods
- Very Approachable
- Retained by Good Hospitals
- Does not recommend unnecessary medical tests
Best Rated Gynecologist & Obstetrician in Chennai
Dr. Nalini Thiruvengadam is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Navalur, Chennai and has an experience of 19 years. She completed Diploma in Gynaecology & Obstetrics (DGO) from Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur in 2003. She did her MBBS from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU) in the year 2000. She has a Diplomate in National Board (DNB) from Voluntary Health Services (VHS).
In our conversations with her patients, it is obvious that she has a good record of normal deliveries all through her medical record. Most of them highlighted her patience during delivery and her strong commitment to the medical profession.
Dr. Nalini Thiruvengadam practices at:
- OMR Doctors Plaza in Navalur, Chennai,
- Livia’s Diabetes Centre in Navalur
- Biolotus Clinic in Sholinganallur
- Astra Speciality Hospital in Sholinganallur, Chennai.
- She is also visiting consultant in Bloom Multispeciality Hospital, Velachery.
- She is visiting consultant at Velachery KS Hospitals
She has practiced earlier in Xcellent healthcare, Velachery and VHS Perungudi.
She is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Fellow of Indian Council of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist (FICOG). Some of the services provided by the doctor are Uterus/ Uterine Prolapse Treatment, Pregnant Women Counseling, Infertility, Vaginal Prolapse, and Vaginal Infection Treatment etc.
Contact Details: Dr.Nalini can be reached via the contact numbers of the clinics and hospitals where she is offering consultancy.
OMR Doctor Plaza & Livia’s Diabetes Centre – Multi-Speciality Clinic
Address: 7/27 , Thiruvalluvar Street, Egattur, Landmark: Near Navalur Toll Plaza, Chennai 600119
Biolotus Multispeciality Clinic
Address: Model School Rd, Sholinganallur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600119
Phone: 090871 90879
Bloom Healthcare Services
Address: 32, Taramani Link Road, Velachery, Chennai – 600 042, India.
Tel: +91 044 – 4000 0009, +91 72999 11102 / 72999 11104, +91 044 – 4500 4119
+91 73737 77777 (Ambulance service) Email: [email protected]
How was the Rating Achieved
The rating was calculated by surveying four target groups: Past Patients, Pharmacies around the clinics where the doctor practices, Peer Group Doctors and Hospitals. A sample size of 100 for each target group was interviewed. The scores were normalized across the four groups and a composite score was calculated.
As an added rating factor, the ratings of the doctor on social media and other medical websites like practo was all also considered. Feedback and listing on websites like Sulekha, Just Dial, Yellow Pages, Indus Ladies, Baby Center and Mouthshut where reviewed for rankings.